Well I am home from Mexico and the wedding was fabulous! Absolutely beautiful. The only problem, I am now sick. My body has totally given up on me and there will be no cooking going on in my kitchen tonight, but that does not mean you can’t cook. So, in honor of Mardi Gras, aka Fat Tuesday, I thought I would spread a little cajun action. I chose the simplest thing I could find, since I have never cooked anything cajun before and I totally intend on trying this recipe once I have recovered, but for now it is all you. Let me know how it is if you try it. Happy Mardi Gras and don’t forget Lent starts tomorrow!
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into ¼-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into ¼-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- ½ cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil until tender. Add the chicken, Cajun seasoning and garlic and heat through. Transfer to a large bowl. Drain fettuccine and add to chicken mixture. Stir in Alfredo and spaghetti sauces.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Source: Taste of Home
- Prep Time: 25min
- Cook Time: 25min
- Total Time: 50min
- Recipe Yields: 8 servings