Winter is in full force, which means brides are busy busy busy planning for their upcoming Spring, Summer and Fall weddings. Personally, I am very jealous! It is a mere 2 months since my wedding, and I am already going through wedding planning withdrawals. To get my fix I have been creating wedding inspiration boards of all kinds, but today I decided to create a best dressed countdown for the 2011 celebrity brides. I thought it might offer some inspiration to the 2012 brides.
10. Molly Sims: Model extraordinaire, married Scott Stuber in Napa Valley, CA on September 24, 2011. Her dress was designed by Marchesa and I loved it from the back. As soon as she moved and I saw if from the front I fell a little less out of love. Correction, a lot less out of love. Too bad she couldn’t walk backwards down the aisle.
9. Sara Rue: Jenny Craig success story and actress, Sara Rue, married Kevin Price in Pacific Palisades, CA on May 21, 2011. She wore Amsale’s “Dahlia”, which is beautiful. The texture and caramely color offers so much depth, however, it did not flatter her new-found figure. I was very disappointed with the choice.
8. Reese Witherspoon: One of my faves, Reese Witherspoon, married Jim Toth in Ojai, CA on March 26, 2011. She also wore one of my faves, Monique Lhuillier, in a subtle blush. It was understated and perfect for a second wedding, but I a have also seen better from both Reese and Monique.
7. Tamera Mowry: “Sister Sister” star (or half star), Tamera Mowry, married Adam Housely in Napa Valley, CA on May 15, 2011. The twin donned a strapless Carolina Herrera wedding dress that was pretty from some angles and a little confusing from others. Sometimes I loved it and sometimes I am not sure how I felt about it. It was very hit or miss for me.
6. Lauren Bush: The niece of George W. Bush (Lauren Bush), married the son of Ralph Lauren (David Lauren) in Ridgway, CO on September 4, 2011. Of course her gown was designed by non other than, Ralph Lauren. It was high neck and open back… Enough to earn her the number 6 slot. However, when I heard she accompanied it with cowboy boots, I almost bumped her up a couple spots. I am a sucker for wedding dresses paired with cowboy boots. Do you think she will now go by Lauren Lauren? I soooo would. I might just change my name to Lauren Lauren. Sounds very sophisticated and cute all at the same time.
5. Nikki Reed: The now all grown up actress married Paul McDonald at Saddlerock Ranch in Malibu, CA on October 16, 2011. Nikki wore Tacori’s “Diamond Wedding Dress,” a silk organza gown with a silk satin organza overlay, fit-n-flare silhouette and a 72-inch train. I love a simple dress with a pop of bling.
4. Catherine Middleton: Pretty sure I don’t need to inform anyone about the wedding heard round the world. I gave her the number 4 slot.
3. Sally Pressman: “Army Wives” star ,Sally Pressman, wore Kenneth Pool’s “Estelle” at her Santa Barbara wedding to David Rogers. The gown was gorgeous and would be perfect for a rustic wedding. The silk bodice offered structure, while the beaded tulle skirt added a sense of whimsicalness. The crystal beaded belt brought the entire look together.
2. Niecy Nash: The host of “Clean House”, Neicy Nash, married Jay Tucker in Malibu, CA on May 28, 2011. She wore a strapless wedding dress by Ines Di Santo with a lace Maria Elena headpiece. I love how fun and flirty her dress was, while still being formal. I definitely hugged her in all the right places!
1. Eva Amurri: The daughter of Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins, married Kyle Martino in Charleston, North Carolina on October 29, 2011. Her dress was absolutely stunning, which is why she was named our number 1. I love the lace applique and neckline, and how her mother’s dress mimicked her gown so elegantly. Both dresses fit their silhouettes perfectly.