Soon after my Hubby and I got hitched, he asked me what my/our holiday treat was going to be. Meaning, what was I going to make that looks pretty and tastes yummy that we give to our family and friends in fancy little tins and cellophane wraps? I was really surprised he asked me this, because I thought boys didn’t care about that kind of stuff, but I guess I was mistaken. I tossed out a couple of ideas, such as mint candy bark and such, but wasn’t sold on anything special. That is until now. A couple of days ago I found a How-To make chocolate covered pretzels tutorial on Love from the Oven and got very excited. I love this idea because first of all I love chocolate covered pretzels, and second they are so easy to customize for every holiday. They are perfect for Christmas, St Patty’s Day, 4th of July, Birthdays and even days like today, Valentine’s Day. Fabulous! Here is the How-To…
- Set up work area. Have pretzels open and ready, sprinkles open and ready, a pan to sprinkle over and plenty of wax paper to sit the pretzels on after they take a dip in the chocolate.
- Next, you will want to melt your chocolate according to the package directions. Two things to NOT do – over cook the chocolate or add water. I usually cook mine for one minute in the microwave at 50% POWER, than stir. They usually are barely starting to melt at this point. Then I return them to the microwave for another 30 seconds at 50% power. I usually stir it really well, than go for one more spin in the microwave.
- Dip pretzel in the chocolate and then gently tap of extra chocolate and scrape excess off the back on the side of the bowl.
- Hole pretzel over bowl and sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Place on wax paper and let set.